Smart Home 360
Customers often call for operator support at home when they believe their internet speeds are not as contracted. In many cases, Customers request support due to wireless coverage not reaching parts of the home, a situation normally outside the responsibility of the operator.
Invariably support procedures rely on sending subcontractors to the Customer home to confirm that QoS/QoE at the Home Gateway is within the contracted values and verify that the Wi-Fi signal power is correct. In many cases, no action is taken, resulting in unnecessary operational costs.
With Smart Home 360 round the clock, QoS/QoE measurements are provided, making available the necessary insights to take cost-saving decisions on visits to the Customer Home.
Why do you need Smart Home 360?
- Diagnose remotely network generated or Customer responsibility issues
- Reduce OPEX on customer visits by sending teams only to real faults
- Rapid root-cause analysis of problems
- Assess Wi-Fi impact on user experience
- Optimization of Field Force Care process
- Additionally, get an insiders view on the indoor mobile coverage
Smart Home 360 solution provides QoS monitoring of the Home Gateway (router) by using an embedded probe installed on the Home Gateway.
If the KPIs measured in the Home Gateway are the same as contracted, reported wireless issues may be caused by a faulty Wi-Fi router, or due to reduced/interfered Wi-Fi coverage in the Home.
If necessary to visit the customer, the Field Engineer will have all the detail necessary for a quick resolution of the reported issue, such as moving the Wi-Fi router to a different location, advising customer on purchasing a repeater, etc.
When a Birth Certificate is available, the original coverage levels can be consulted for all rooms in the home.
Smart Home 360 solution is based on a simple architecture with probes on Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and a SW/HW probe in the Home Gateway. The various probes run tests and collect network KPIs that are then uploaded to the X-server and presented in real-time. Results may also be exported for further analysis and possible integration with other operator’s back-office systems.
Central configuration of all registered probes on device Apps and Home Gateways in terms of Wi-Fi network, radio parameters, and test sequences.
Active Test Data
- HTTP upload, download
- Browsing tests and Social Networks
- ICMP test with round trip time, jitter and packet loss
Passive Data Collection
- Collection of device information: model, operation system, operating system version, etc.
- Collection of mobile network data
- Collection of Wi-Fi data
- Collection of mobile radio data
- Localization and time stamping
- Wi-Fi: Android Smartphones (≥ V4.1)
- GigaDiagnostic: Any device with Java-enabled browser
- Windows Probe: PC/Laptop with Windows
- Home Gateway (HG supplier dependent)
Supported Mobile Technologies
- GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+, LTE
- FWA, FTTH and xDSL
- Predefined report set and customization
- High level aggregated QoS and QoE management reports
- Detailed reports down to customer and device level
- Flexible integration through standard interfaces
Integration with other systems
- SQM (Quality Management)
- Software-Defined Networks (SDN)
- Business Support Systems (BSS)
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) servers
- Xperience App
- GigaDiagnostic App
- Windows probe
- SW/HW probe in Home Gateway
Smart Home 360 fully supports data privacy at device and management level, in accordance with the GDPR.