Assist Field Service
The Assist Field Service (AFS) solution provides clear insights of problem distribution within mobile networks and aids in applying improvements based on proven customer experiences, reducing operational costs associated with multiple site premises.
Field technicians may now be equipped by the Operator with an efficient tool to diagnose and support in the resolution of customer affecting network issues. AFS will diagnose and report detected quality issues (QoE) or Quality of Service (QoS) KPIs concerning the local radio conditions and network performance.
Aggregated results in different views, allows different support areas (Engineering, Operations, and Customer Operations) to effectively analyse the obtained Customer Experience data for faster problem solving and decision making in real-time.
Why do we need the Assist Field Service?
- Reduce operational costs distributing the AFS App among technical field teams
- Field teams behave as “customers” identifying trouble spots and taking proactive actions to resolve them
- Significant economics in detecting, reporting and analysing of network quality issues based on digitalized work processes
- Increased customer response efficiency at multiple levels
- The operator can prevent churn through problem anticipation and network quality enhancement
- Assist Field Service solution, allows Operation Engineers to verify reported feedback solving issues and producing reliable indicators to steer network improvements
- This solution is integrated into any operator android application and customized
- Even in roaming, it is possible to analyse radio and network conditions, without incurring roaming traffic costs.
- This solution is an integrated platform that consolidates the most relevant data in a very simple and effective way, allowing faster problem diagnosis and resolution, leading not only to improved customer support productivity but also to client satisfaction.
- All measured results are collected on the server, stored in a central database and can be viewed in the integrated frontend, producing historical measurement data, including a powerful search tool to find and report data faster.
Xperience AFS solution is based on Streambow´s highly-scalable Probe-Server Architecture.
The probe is an easy to use smartphone app which provides a one-button test process and uploads all test results in real-time to the X-Server, visible to all stakeholders. Business Analytics complements the backend analysis process.
- Activation/deactivation of result generation and presentation on the smartphone
- Anonymisation of results
Active Test Data
- HTTP upload, download
- ICMP test with round trip time, jitter and packet loss
Passive Data Collection
- Collection of device information, such as model, operation system, operation system version, etc.
- Collection of mobile network data
- Collection of mobile radio data
- Collection of Wi-Fi data
- Localisation and time stamping
Commercial Android Smartphones (≥ V 4.0)
Radio reception for GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA+ , LTE and Wi-Fi
- Predefined report set and customization
- High level aggregated QoS and QoE management reports
- Detailed reports down to AP level
- Dashboard for customer viewing
- Flexible integration through standard interfaces
Integration with other systems
- SQM (Quality Management)
- Software-Defined Networks (SDN)
- Business Support Systems (BSS)
- Customer Experience Management (CEM) servers
- Operational Support System (OSS)
Assist Field Service fully supports data privacy at Smartphone and at Management Level, in accordance with GDPR.